Serves: 4 individual-sized crusts, or 2 medium crust
1 tablespoon(s) dry yeast
2/3 cup(s) water between 105-110 degrees
1 3/4 cup(s) flour
1 tablespoon(s) cornmeal
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1-3/4 cups flour, cornmeal, oil, and salt to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning dough to coat top.
- Cover dough, and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Remove dough from oven (if rising there); preheat oven to 425; adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- Punch dough down, and roll into circles on a lightly floured surface. Place on a baking sheet coated with cornmeal.
- Bake on lowest shelf for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- For best pizza results, put a pizza stone in the oven now to preheat; just before baking, sprinkle with cornmeal to prevent sticking.
- Top crusts with Pizza Sauce, toppings, cheese, and bake on pizza stone for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- This recipe can make 4 individual-sized crusts (about 8”). To measure, use an upside-down metal mixing bowl to cut out perfect rounds.
- After par-baking (step 8), you can wrap cooled crusts in plastic and freeze for future use; simply thaw & use! Make extra crusts ahead for an easy weeknight dinner.